Trail running has exploded in South Africa over the last seven years or so, and with more and more runners hitting the trails there is a demand for knowledge and advice. Roving Trail Camps,
run by Ghaleed Nortje has combined one of the Western Cape’s finest wine farms, two of Cape Town’s best trail runners and some amazing trails in the Cape Winelands for an amazing trail running experience, the first trail running training camp to be held in Western Cape.
Roving Trail Camps is a professionally run trail running camp for novice and seasoned runners alike. The first of its kind in the Western Cape, the camp will be held the weekend of 29 – 31 May at Boschendal Wine Estate in the beautiful Franschhoek Valley.
Says Nortje, “We wanted to offer a weekend getaway that would include excellent food, warm hospitality, interesting talks by Cape Town trail running personalities, Linda Doke and Martin Kleynhans, in addition to other experts in their fields, and some fantastic trail runs on an exclusive part of the estate.”
Participants get to enjoy the wine and accommodation at Boschendal, and will enjoy delicious meals and a screening of the Trails in Motion film festival movies, which have already been shown in multiple countries around the world.
Topics covered by the speakers include technical running, nutrition, strength and conditioning and recovering after your runs, as well as demonstrations.
“Both beginners and professionals will benefit, this will be a social weekend allowing runners to learn from the specialists and from each other. The runs will have a slower and faster group in order to accommodate everyone. The emphasis is on learning and enjoying this beautiful area that we will be running in, as well as a great weekend getaway in a magnificent part of the Western Cape.“ Says Nortje.
Friday 29 May
- Come ready for a gentle 5 – 10km run to introduce yourselves!
- Official Welcome at Boschendal Estate
Saturday 30 May
- Group run warm up, 5km
- Pilates talk including 20 minute session
- Run instruction to improve technical skill and exploring the estate trails
- Biokineticists talk including 20 minute cool down session
- Lunch – food talk and demonstration
- Join the public Trail film screening;
- Followed by Dinner
- Bio Recovery – rehabilitation, rolling, strapping etc.
- Gear – General emphasis on required kit for the main run.
- Own time
- Sport Massage (1st)
- Wine Tasting
- Trails film screening
- Dinner: Farm to Table dining at Boschendal
Sunday 31 May
- Transport to start of the run.
- Group run with instruction and application of skills learned. Emphasis on trail safety and required kit for the run.
- Sport Massage (2nd)
- Lunch at Boschendal Wine Estate
More information at http://rovingtrailcamps.com/
Contact Ghaleed Nortje on 082 887 3011 or email email@example.com